Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT VISA
International Student Visa – Australia is indeed one of the countries that thrive in cultural diversity, as thousands of international students, skilled workers and migrants live around the country. However, with the onset of the Covid-19 Pandemic, thousands of them have put their dreams on hold, including aspiring Australian visa applicants outside Australia.
Although the Australian government continually battled the social and economic effects of the pandemic, they have slowly eased restrictions including visa application grants like International Student Visa.
Last July 20, Acting Immigration Minister Alan Tudge rolled out five visa changes for international students as a step to restart the once thriving education sector.
- Recommence of student visa grants, allowing student visa holders to travel to Australia once borders reopen.
- Students who are unable to complete their studies due to the Covid-19 pandemic can apply for student visa free of charge.
- Student visa holders outside Australia who are studying online will be able to count this study period in the Australian Study Requirement.
- Eligible graduates affected by travel restrictions will also be able to apply for and be granted a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa outside Australia.
- Additional time will be given for applicants to:
- provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services
- undertake biometric collection and health checks where COVID-19 has disrupted access to services.
Not only was the announcement a great news for Australia’s education sector, but is also a most-awaited one by thousands of aspiring migrants and international students. Tudge said that these visa changes were implemented to “ensure Australia remains a priority destination for international students as we emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic.”
Australia prides itself on being a welcoming nation with a world-class education system and some of the lowest rates of COVID-19 in the world. These changes will help give international students confidence in their visa arrangements so that they can make plans to study in Australia when it is safe to do so.
Share This :